Grayson County, Virginia
Location: Camp Dickenson
Directions: This cemetery is on the grounds of the Camp Dickenson United Methodist Church Campsite at the end of Camp Dickenson Lane (Rt 640), off Lime Kiln Road (Rt 638). The cemetery is behind the swimming pool and is marked with a small sign, “Cemetery.”
GPS Coordinates: N36.67672 W80.98586
Surveyed by: Buford Wilson on 11 Jul 2006; updated in 2008
Comments: The cemetery has been cleared of brush and weeds. It appears to be on the land that was passed to Isaac Garrison by his father-in-law, William Jones. It is likely that members of the Jones family, as well as Isaac Garrison’s first two wives are buried here. William Jones operated the Jones ferry near here. Later it was operated by Isaac Garrison and called the Garrison ferry. When the land passed to the Dickenson Family the ferry was called the Dickenson ferry. There are two graves with markers and twelve or more marked with field stones or indicated by sunken ground.
|GARRISON, Isaac||stone has “Isac GDC” and an illegible date|
|JONES, William O.||1851||stone has “W.O.J. “|