Wolff Family Cemetery - Stoney Ridge
Surry County Cemeteries
New River Valley History:
NCNR Discussion Group
For discussion of history and genealogy of the New River Valley of North Carolina and Virginia you are welcomed to join NCNR.
Welcome and we hope you join the discussions.
New River Notes — Complete
January 21, 2014
After about two years of work we have completed a major upgrade to New River Notes. On January 21, 2014 we switched in the last of the updated files and final page revisions.
In January 2013 we introduced the new site layout but because there were many pages left to do there was a big red Under Construction on the front page. A year later we've finished all of the pages that were on the original site. Construction is complete. We have a great looking site full of material to help you in your research and possibly entertain you.
We're not finished. A site like this can't just freeze in time. It must be maintained, .... Read More
New River Notes
January 6, 2013
New River Notes, a leading genealogy resource for the New River Valley of North Carolina and Virginia, launched its new look website today.
New River Notes was originally launched in 1998 by Jeffrey C. Weaver providing New River Valley researchers with a new wealth of information and that tradition is continued today by the Grayson County, Virginia Heritage Foundation, Inc.
Welcome and we hope you enjoy our new look. For more information on the changes and plans see posts on the GCVHF Google+ Page.
Wolff Family Cemetery
Stony Ridge, Surry County, North Carolina
Submitted by Nan Wrenn
Directions: From NC 3 268 in Pilot Mountain take SR # 2048 to Shoals School; Continue on SR # 2048 toward Pinnacle approx. 1.6 miles. After crossing Grassy Creek take the first farm dirt road to the left go to forks take another left. Cemetary at dead end road enclosed with wire fence.
Comments: This is the homeplace of WW1 Gen. Henry Wolff Butner. He served as head of the Panama Canal Dept., and Camp Butner was named in honor of him.
- William W. Wolff---(Born in Stokes Co., NC son of Daniel and Martha Pines Shepherd, Wolff)
B. June 18, 1798
D. February 24, 1876
- Elizabeth Wolff---(Davis_wife of William W. Wolff)
B. January 18, 1802
D.July 17, 1872
- William Henry Wolff---(son of William W. and Elizabeth Davis, Wolff)
B. May 6, 1833
D.May (of Flux) 1842
- Martha Elizabeth Wolff---(daughter of William W. and Elizabeth Davis, Wolff)
B. January 30, 1835
D.May (of Flx) 1842
- Jacob Shepperd Wolff---(son of William W. and Elizabeth Davis, Wolff)
B. September 10, 1839
D. May (of Flux) 1842
4-Unknown Broken Stone
- Josie Augustin Wolff, son of N. A.(Nathaniel Augustine) and A. D. (Aletha D. Gordan) Wolff
B.April 28, 1869
D.May 10, 1869
- Alice Booker Wolff
B.Jan. 22, 1875
D.January 5, 1941
- Robert Lee Wolff
- Sarah Melinda Butner---(daughter of William and Elizabeth Davis, Wolff__probable Ancestor of Gen. Henry Wolff Butner)
B.May 23, 1837
D.May 18, 1906
- Aletha Gorden Wolff---(wife of Nathaniel Augustine)
B.February 12, 1844
D.November 16, 1912
- Nathaniel Augustine Wolff---(son of William W. and Elizabeth Davis, Wolff)
B. November 13, 1830
D.June 11, 1903
- Mabel Ward Wolff
B.November 15, 1900
D.April 29, 1964
- William Augustine Wolff
B.May 31, 1901
D.November 12, 1964
- G. Clarence Lemmons, Jr.
B.December 30, 1928
D.July 25, 1972